Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I thought I lost my bike's key

Last night, I was somewhat fooled by my own mistake and the security guard in campus:)
It was raining so hard that I had to put on my raincoa--as usual. I came to campus at around 7.30 p.m.--an ample time for me to prepare for my class.

Since it was raining hard, I didn't want to take much time in taking off my raincoat and rushing myself to the building. Alas, I didn't notice that I just left my bike's key dangling on its slot.
so, I grabbed the books and tapes and rushed myself inside the clas...only to realize that I left my key on its slot.

TO my surprise, It was not there. Having realized that it wasn't there...I thought to myself that I couldn't have left it there. It was not even 2 or 3 minutes after I left my bike. So, I must've taken it out and put it somewhere. Be it in my pocket, jacket, folder, locker or.....:(

Since I had no time to think about it. I just convinced myself that I must've taken it out...and started teaching.

then...it was 9.10 p.m. I began searching for the lost key....again. I dared myself to go to the Musholla, classrooms, doorways....just to find none or even any traces of the key. None was inside the building.

I ran down the stairs and got back to the motorbike....took the 'trash' out of the bike's storing bin. None. Opened my already-folded-up raincoat....none. I was desperate.

Feeling tired and exhausted...or worse.....scared of being alone at campus...I finally decided to tell the security guard that I may have to leave my bike there since I lost the key....
even...when I didn't yet finish telling what happened....he took out a chain of keys from his pocket ...with the sneer on his face...telling me how clumsy I was.....telling me how toughtful he had been....how I could end up loosing my bike should he hadn't done his patroling and 'heroic' act. bla bla bla....

well...I really really had this urge of punching him on the face...But I just couldn't for it was my fault in the first place. I shouldn've have left it....and that I should be more careful.
but the thought of him leaving me desserted and busy looking for something that I should not have......was really frustating.
gosh...what a nerve....

anyway..I felt so relieved that I found the key..and that I was being able to ride my bike home:) hmmm
yep....it did get me.

No comments: