Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Back to Surabaya The Day After Tomorrow




I always treasure the time when I watched The Day After Tomorrow in Surabaya.
Actually...I went to Sby just to see this movie. well...despites the fact that I had only limited time there...I didn't want to waste any minute of NOt watching this particular movie. Despite some bad reviews it received, this movie still had this powerful magnet to attract my own curiosity. the thing is...I like sci-fi movie. this one combines thriller and real-life like stuff...(though some scientific stuffs about global warming and tornadoes did confuse me....:( ^^ stilll...it entertained me.

Tunjungan was crowded at that time. the plane landed at around 10 a.m. and I still had time to look around the terminal just before getting out of the airport. the bus waited. I took a ride and let myself relaxed in a not-so-cozy air conditioned bus. To my surprise...some passengers were standing.!! how could they let them ride in this kind of airport bus!!

(knock...knock...knock...anybody home? wake up, Suray...this is Surabaya!! still ...in Indonesia:))) where rules are made to be broken.

So they say...:( gosh...what a life... hey...cheer up... the ride went on...though:) okey... so the bus stopped at the bus terminal where I got to transfer into city bus taking me to Tunjungan Plaza (my last destination in Surabaya that day). It took me almost 45 minutes to get there. although the bus AC was working...still it couldn't help me from feeling hot. the weather was really really...stiflingly HOT. thank God...Tunjungan was near. I got off. ran away....to avoid the blistering sun shine. and to my surprise..It was Friday. and it was around 1 hour before Friday prayer started.

So..I guessed... I got to buy the movie ticket first..and then jumped off to the nearest mosque I could find there. hmmmm....I was lucky enough to find...a mosque located on the 8th floor of the plaza. cool, eh? okey, ../. as soon as the prayer was over, I ran into the movie theather..and bought one ticket for me:) At last.... I managed to see the movie....in a theather.:)
What a day.
Indeed.
A fascinating way to spend time.

No comments: