Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A homeless father and his 6-year-old daughter

I bumped into a homeless father who was dragging along his 6-year-old or so daughter on my way to work. The only thing I could remember was the immensely visible black scars on the daughter's forehead. I could not let my mind free from wondering as to what happened to her.

The following week, I spotted them in Malioboro. I never have the slightest idea as to how the father had such a heart to drag along his daughter (now I came to wonder if she is really his? all the day from Kaliurang street down to Maliboro.

Last week, I spotted them on Solo Street. Not Jalan Solo as you may imagine..it is far beyond Patung Garuda right at the eastern part of the airport.
and the very same day..they wandered off again on Jalan Kaliurang....

As I later found out, they do this everyday. As I come to my senses. And.....I start to realize how many people are so lucky not to have such a life as they are living?
and as to how many people are so unlucky to having a life like that?

No comments: