Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A humble elementary school teacher

Up to now I still don't get a chance to ask who she is. I spot her almost every day on my way to work. She is always riding her old and shabby-looking bike. Her dress is always the same to me. I am not sure if she ever changes her dress.
Hmm I hope she does have more than one. Judging from the way she rides her bike, and from the way she always gives ways to motorbikes and even pedestrians crossing the street, I can tell that she is a very kind and good-hearted woman. I have been wondering where she teaches. I think I got to find a way and time just to follow her up to her working place.
Her jilbab (veil) has never been more humble than herself. Even her shoes are the ones most people would find in a garbage pit. I don't know whether I should feel pity for her. I don't even know whether she would find me a good person if I were to ask her questions and stuffs. One thing for sure.... I feel a little bit sad whenever I do not see her riding her bike. I once wondered if she had been sick, for I had not seen her for a couple of days.

No comments: