Thursday, February 22, 2007

Khalifah

Just got home from weekly Friday Prayer at the Mosque.
The qutbah was about how men should deal with their environment since men are created as the caliph of the earth or mother nature. They have their own rights and duties to deal with the mother nature.

As I was drowsily led to keep listening to the qutbah:)....I couldn't help myself from not relating what I heard to what I learned a day before.

I was attending a small seminar on how Bintan island has been somewhat transformed into a seemingly nightmare ...once its forest's gone!
people are so overwhelmed by an instand fortune; e.g. destroying, exploitating the environment for the sake of instand economic growth.....(that's what I heard)......and I couldn't agree more.

if only we're living with harmony with nature...
if only we are not sacrificing the future of our children...(oh come on suray..don't be so poetic:) hey but it's true in a way...

No comments: