Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Eyra got a fever

It was around 1 p.m. in the afternoon when I got a call from Eyra's babysitter telling me that my little daughter--Eyra--got a high fever. she was frantically calling me to no avail. but, thank God..luckily she managed to get me in touch w/ her.
I was in the class back then.

I didn't have to wait any longer to stop teaching. I didn't have other choices but to tell my students to keep continuing what they were learning...and promised them to get back to them later next week.

As I rushed myself home, I managed to call my wife telling her to go home, too. I was surprised that she didn't know.

I couldn't concentrate on where I was going....a dangerous thing to do considering the traffic I got into.
But luckily..I was safely arriving back home....feeling so miserable and feeling like the time was running soooo slow. I could not let anything bad happen to her.

As I got home, I saw my daughter lay motionless sleeping in the living room accompanied by mbak tini, Eyra's babysitter.
She was so helpless. as I felt her forehead and neck..I got a shivering feeling since she was in a high temperature condition. I got no other options but to keep massaging her and keep her safe and comfortable as long as she could.

Tempra: was the only solution that popped out of my mind. It was her usual medication whenever she got fever. I was waiting and waiting until she woke up with her soothing voice and tired eyes. She called me and begged me to carry her--one of the things she loves.

It was afternoon.
She was not getting better. But we still had hope that she would be okay and nothing dangerous would endager her. So, we gave her another medication and tugger her to bed...in hopes that she would be better.

Until around midnite, she was restlessly sleeping.
It was a relieving thing to know that she managed to get to sleep in spite of her illness. gosh...
the temperature stayed around 38 degrees Celcius. we were so worried.
And, for sure...we never forgot to keep praying and praying asking for her health.
we missed her already. She used to be so active, lively, and cheerful. but that day, she was so weak.

it was about 2.30 a.m. when she woke up and cried out loud. we sensed something wrong and we did not wait further to decide to take her to the hospital.
we called a taxi and while waiting for it to come, my wife prepared all necessary stuffs we may need in the hospital.

Alhamdullillah...Eyra was still able to smile and giggle though a bit faintly. But that was more than enough to give us a relieving sigh and feeling.

on the way to the hospital, Eyra was sleeping and put her head against my chest. It was an overwhelming feeling. we never stopped trying.
As we got there, Eyra got herself checked up and then a doctor in charge that morning got some surprising as well as ..relieving news...about Eyra. It turned out that she got a fever due to her new teeth that were about to grow. Then, at that very moment. though a bit clumsy...I told myself that it was good that she got it simply because of that. well, we were so worried that she may have had a dengue fever as others had.
Alhamdulillah.

Then, we could go back home. again...on our way home, Eyra was asleep and smiling though faintly.

we know that she was strong..and it made us cry deep inside our hearts.
we kept giving her some medication and praying...

Alhamdullillah....now she is okay. she can play around, jump around, run around, and even start teasing us again:0
Eyra is back.
Thank you, Ya Allah.

No comments: