Friday, March 09, 2007

Singing in the Rain


I love introducing old movies to my students in class.

so, like any other classes that I had previously, last night I invited my students to multimedia room (my favorite 303 room at PPB UGM). this class accommodates high-end facilities where students and lecturers can interact easily in learning stuffs. in this case, movie.

with the LCD attached, the big screen in class, and relatively good sound system (compared to other classes:), we had a great time last night.



The first movie I introduced was "Singing in the Rain". one of my fave movies alllll tiiiimmeee.

Simply, it is definitely one of the most genuinely feel-good films I've ever seen. I was really into Gene Kelly (who also starred in "An American in Pari") and I was captivated by his energy and how talented he is. I think it is simply because he was a great dancer. It would not be a complete thought if I don't mention Debbie Reynolds who captivatingly portrayed Cathy in the movie. She was so alluring...


all in all...the movie is witty, romantic, and contains beautiful musical scores.

and don't forget: the tounge twisters used in the movies is one of the reasons as to why I should let my students know about this movie.


It is very clear why it's considered one of the best films of all time.


I was glad that most of my students enjoyed the movie.

No comments: