Thursday, March 22, 2007

The first day of Encompass Program at UGM

It was drizzling this morning. So, I couldn't take my Mom to the hospital by motorbike. She took a taxi, instead. I had to lure Eyra into her game of putting coins into a celengan before I was able to leave for work. Never had I the slightest idea that she would wanted me to hug her all the time this morning. Guess she knew that I was going for work. Though it wasn't really her behaviour on any other days.

The first class of Encompass program where I had to teach some colleagues of mine who are in their goals of pursuing higher education really put me in the spotlight--in a sense that I got to be alert all the time. like this first meeting: We needed to know one another and the only way that Mrs. Rose required me to do so was by having a discussion on whether we need to take chances in life or just play it safe.

it was interesting and relieving enough to know that most of those enrolled in Encompass program are the brilliant ones. they are open, punctual, expressive, frank, and at times and hopefully easy-to-get-along with kinda students:) I am sure they all are.

The listening session went quite well, too.
Then came the time when I had to prepare stuffs for the 2nd meeting: so I decided to have them watch two movies entitled 'My Fair Lady' and ' Do You Speak American?'
these two movies are going to be the basis of our class discussion where we will deal with the differences between British and American English.

I got to watch them all over again:)

No comments: