Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Garuda. What a quick way to deal with it.


I was just trying to point out one interesting point I found yesterday as Garuda got burnt down as it landed on the ground in Jogja.

Well, I've been getting used to hearing these news of transportation disasters or mishaps lately. none of them had something to do with Garuda for quite a long time....this was such a great record so far.

one very very interesting thing I want to share here is the HUGE BALLIHOO or outdoor advertisement standing in one corner of the busiest intersection in northern Jogja, i.e. Perempatan Cemara Tujuh. It was Garuda Indonesia outdoor advertisement. It's been almost a year or two since I always glanced at the biggest ballihoo on Garuda ad. like that on any street in Jogja.

Curious as to what it said?

Here it is: 'Akhirnya Keselamatan, Kenyamanan, dan Ketepatan waktu menjadi pilihan kita'
it was really witty and it did work!! I really admired as to how the marketing dept. used those idea. while other airliners were trying hard to compete and to maintain its positions amidst several accidents, Garuda secured its place as the safest one---though wellknown for its being the most expensive in ticket prices. :)
for sure, Garuda has been targetting those who rely much on safety as the first priority in flight industry.
interestingly, it could lead to an assumption that other airliners did not have priority in its safety....(hmm, I couldn't help to conclude that, too). but hey..I could be wrong, though.


but then...things changed yesterday.

as Garuda got burnt down in Adi Sucipto International Airport, on March 7, 2007, differing things and speculation got spread out quickly.
I myself was flabbergasted. I couldn't believe what I looked and heard on the news.

It was around 8 in the morning, and I was about to go for work when the news struck me.
still in dismay of not believing in what I saw...I rushed myself to go to work.

this is it:
at around 8.30 a.m. I was pretty much sure that the BALLIHOO on Garuda was still in its place.

But then,
when I was home from work around 6 p.m......it was already GONE.
gosh...what a surprise.
I wondered if others would be as surprised as I was.

one thing for sure: I quickly concluded and mumbled to myself that it must have been due to the quick response and quick decision the Marketing dept. did in the history of Garuda:)

should I say : ' way to go?"
hmm...no further ideas....

No comments: