Friday, March 23, 2007

"My Fair Lady" Versus "Do You Speak American?"

never thought that Rapat Kerja Fakultas or RKF would last for about 3 and a half hour!!! gosh, what a tiring day it is. Anyway, I started off my day with the ENcompass class and the English for Staff class. The two classes began at the same time; and for sure I couldn't be at two differing places at the same time. So, the only thing I could do was to have the first class watch two movies: 'Do You Speak American?' and 'My Fair Lady' and having a discussion out of them later on.

I moved on to my latter class. We just discussed the result of the previously held midterm test which really showed how much my students have achived so far.
hmm...not quite satisfying for a preparatory class. but, the good news was that some of them did make it well.

During the discussion on my Encompass program, we had lots of things came up. Some brought up the idea of what Indonesian language would be like compared to the situation faced by the present American English portrayed in the movie.

quite a lively class. Loved it.

No comments: